Un-secure networks are gold mines for cyber attacks. Rest assured with SMTP Africa on your side, your network will be secure.
What is Network Penetration Testing?
A Network Penetration Test identifies vulnerabilities in security systems before hackers are able to discover and exploit them.
The network is often the foundation of an organization so this test can be crucial to ensure your data is secure. It is important for a network to be secure in all areas, particularly if remote users access the system regularly.
Network pen testing identifies security issues by examining your:
- Servers (internal & external)
- Network devices such as switches, firewall and routers
- Remote access and wireless points, including VPNs
How is the test performed?
With experience and knowledge behind us, We have developed a 6 step approach to testing. Our approach ensures weaknesses are identified so a remediation process can occur.
- Information Gathering – collecting data to prepare a security attack
- Threat Modelling – designing ways to test the weaknesses
- Vulnerability Analysis – defining the possible points of entry
- Exploitation – attempting to gain sensitive data
- Post Exploitation – evaluating the level of risk to your business known weaknesses
- Reporting – providing a detailed report of strategies to improve your security
Benefits of Network Penetration Testing
Once we have completed our 6 step process penetration test for your business, you can enjoy these benefits:
- Increased protection for sensitive data
- Ensured compliance requirements are met for PCI DSS, SOX, GLBA and HIPAA
- Decreased risk for damage to business reputation, as limiting data breaches